Thursday, February 13, 2014

A week of recovery

You might have noticed how the activity on the blog has suddenly stopped for the past week. Well, this has a reason!

That's how I looked at this time on Thursday last week, injured, bloody, sad and hurt...

Exactly one week ago, I had an accident while biking my way to work (as I do everyday). That morning the floor was wet and one of my tires is pratically slick, so while going quite fast downhill I got distracted, tried to break with one hand only and I lost control of the bike and fell quite hard. I had 16 stitches on my chin which I still have (hopefully tomorrow they will be removed), 4 broken teeth (that I know as of now because every day I find a new one...) and multiple abrasions on hands. I'm recovering quite well but seems like I will be member of a dentist club or something because of all the visits I will have to pay them...

But always look on the brightside! It could have been much worse. So I'm happy because I'm alright and here's the proof!

Much better with this bagpipe courtesy of David Rodriguez (Karaikal) XD

The fact that I am writing these lines means that I am much better now. I will be back in action very soon!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better and recover quickly.

Unknown said...

¡Menudo ostión! Vamos a echar de menos tus post, que te recuperes lo antes posible, ánimo y un abrazo!

Luis Salamanca said...

Hombre! Que esas manos valen su precio en oro! que te mejores rápido y vuelvas a coger la bici como un loco... yo no aprendí nada de mis 2 accidentes de bici, aunque fueron mucho más leves. Así que ya sabes, a cuidarse macho. Vemos!

Roman aka jar said...

I told you not to try out new music instruments ... well, stopping the jokes now I wish you being well soon and sent a spell of regeneration into your direction!!

Tuffskull said...

You should try miliput for your teeth - just kidding - poor guy! get well soon!

ant1clock said...

I feel your pain, four teeth and chin stitches, but not only that I was cautioned by the police for crashing into a crashed car…….. yeah it was my fault I had been on my way home my head down and was going for it, fastest time work to home then next thing I knew I was stopped very suddenly by something hard, the crashed car. Nice!

Narric Techna said...

And now I'll feel less safe when I cycle to work :P

Don't rush yourself to recovery, dude.

Scherdy said...

Feel better first! We will still be here.

crazybaldhead said...

Your blog brings so much joy and inspiration to so many. I hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon.

Chris Blackwood said...


Get well soon, and bear your scars with pride. Wish you all the best !

mikeyoungcartoonist said...

Get well soon, Rafa!

Rafael García Marín said...

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! I'm feeling much better now. Your kindness gives me strength!!